Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our frugal hobby

Here is one of our new obsessions.  For the past 3 years Elwood has brought home the hotel soaps he didn't use.  Joshi and I enjoyed it so much that he started to make a concerted effort to conserve his soap so he could bring us as much as possible.  I haven't had to buy soap for 3 years.  And this photo is just our surplus.  Not bad, huh?  You have to have hobbies right?  Its really a win win win situation.  I get have a new bar of soap(and scent) every week.  I save money and it gives elwood an 'on the road' hobby :0)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!
I'm game with ANY way to save money. Are shampoos and conditioners next??

mom said...

Jenn,

We save them when traveling and then I somehow get them to Father Frank on LI once or twice a year. he uses them in his overnight shelter for homeless men. they are jusst the right size for a night or two at his shelter in Port Jeff.

Great hobby for all of you and "going green" to some extent--ie.reclying rather than throwing out :-)