Sunday, June 27, 2010

One World Festival


Joshi got a new parasol to match her dress and protect herself from the sun

drumming in the Africa section
buying this large basket made of river reeds for $25 will feed a child for 6 weeks in Uganda

I took the girls to Salem, OR Saturday to the One World Festival. It was very impressive- really big. We saw Dragon dances, cloggers, Russian dancers. OK, I just asked Joshi what we did there. She said we got to taste some different noodles (from the Filipino stand) and we saw clowns ( ? I think she is talking about the men in the native american dress) The girls were exhausted by the end. Just enough energy to ride the carasel before going home. The ride home would have been perfect nap length ( 1hr 35mins) had I not missed my exit (making it closer to 2 hrs. and 35 mins.) Thats thats the problem with the fact that I'm usually taking the nap too. I don't function well on long days out at the mid day point.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My computer was out of "commission" for several days. I had fun catching up on all your adventures. This sounds like an awesome festival. We miss you girls.

Andrew W. Larrison said...

Elizabeth is still traumatized from her one encounter with dancing lions. Love Joshi's parasol!